Hello, hello, come on in. Cup of tea?*
Welcome to my website. I have some news about my new book, and a new look for my covers – it's about halfway down the page. (I don't believe in making news too prominent.)
Anyway, you’re probably here after reading one of my two Jonathon Fairfax books. If so, I’d like to thank you very much, because you’ve helped to make these things happen:
- The Jonathon Fairfax books have now sold more than 50,000 copies and had nearly 1,000 reviews
- My last book hit number 3 in Amazon’s overall UK bestsellers’ list (for about half an hour, but it still counts)
- WF Howes has released audiobook versions, narrated by Finlay Robertson, and I like them
- I’ve had some really nice reviews, tweets and emails from readers, each convincing me for up to 24 hours that I'm not a complete idiot.
This is remarkable really, because… well, read my story on the ‘about me’ page and you’ll see.
(By the way, if you’d like some extra chapters of PAJF, please click on the big orange button below. It means signing up for occasional emails from me, but this is a very low-risk proposition, since a) I very rarely send emails, b) I have no idea how to sell a tiny number of email addresses to the Russian mafia, and c) you can always unsubscribe. Or, if you’d just like me to tell you about new books and things but don’t want the chapters, there’s a box for that at the bottom of the page.)
"You can't help being tickled" – The Guardian
For a short time, I'm giving away six extra chapters of Perpetual Astonishment. Just let me know where to send them.
News: my new book will be out on 30 November, and I have new covers
My third Jonathon Fairfax book is up on Amazon for pre-order, and will be out on Monday, 30 November. It's called The Spy Who Came in from the Bin.
I'm also going to have new covers for all three books, with a consistent look to them.
Reviews and awards and things...
Some short bits and pieces to read now
And here are a few bits from my blog that some people have liked...
Find out when I have a new book or story
If you’d like to join my mailing list – so you can find out when the next book’s out and be offered extra stories and things – please put your email address in this box and press the button.
* I’m afraid, until the internet develops further, that you’ll have to supply the cup of tea yourself.